Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Outspoken, Political, and Musical?

The Shondes are a musical outfit that are advocating peace through justice for Palestine and Israel. I don't know that we'll ever see a peace between these nations and one can definitely hope for it. One of my friends is Palestinian and I'm half Jewish and we've always kind of kidded about the subject of us bringing peace between those nations through our friendship. I was impressed to see that the Shondes are actually out there trying to do this and that is definitely something that takes a lot of heart and determination. On top of that their music is intriguing and has the sound of a punk Natalie Merchant mixed with the almost Irish drinking music feel. I'm not quite sure how I came to this conclusion, but I did. They will be playing at the SXSW festival in March and you can check out their song "Make It Beautiful," in the player below.

No comments:

Post a Comment